My Photo
Name:
Location: Etna - 41º 26' 31.27" N 122º 54' 07.60" W [My Grid Square is CN81nk] KB7BNW@KF6ZSY Elevation: 3032 feet above sea level,, California, United States

All my life was a preparation to the pinnacle of my being, meeting and knowing Father Seraphim. Everything in my life led to this. Since his death I can find no peace of heart unless everything in my life is in some way an awareness of the reality that I am living the rest of my life the way I am, because I met and knew Father Seraphim.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

First Things First

In whatever is done God must be first. Latter Years of a Pampered Life is not necessarily meant to be a "Religious Blog". But, in that God is the most important thing in my life (or, so I try to make God the most important thing in my life) God will be a big part of the Blog. I wouldn't be true to myself and others if I tried to be someone else.
Therefore the following ... the "Nicene-Constantinopleian Creed" being the first Statement of Faith proclaimed by free Christians first in A.D.325 in the City of Nice and then again in A.D.381 in the City of Constantinople.

I believe in one God, Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible: And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God; begotten of the Father before all ages; Light from Light, True God from True God, begotten, not made, of One Essence with the Father, through Whom all things were made: Who for us men, and for our salvation, came down from Heaven, and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, and became Man: And was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate, and suffered and was buried: And He rose on the third day according to the Scriptures: And ascended into Heaven, and sits at the right hand of the Father: And He is coming again with glory to judge the living and the dead; And His Kingdom will have no end: And in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the Giver of the Life, Who proceeds from the Father, Who with the Father and the Son is equally worshipped and glorified, Who spoke by the Prophets: And in One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the remission of sins. I look for the Resurrection of the Dead; And the life of the Age to come. Amen.

"He is my Helper and Protector, and has become my salvation. This is my God and I will glorify Him. My father's God and I will exalt Him. For gloriously has He been glorified." - From The Great Canon, by St. Andrew of Crete. This is the Faith of my Fathers and it comes first.
This creed or statement of faith is older than the canonical list of what was considered as Holy Scripture and its authors were far, far more imbued with a knowledge of the writings that were handed down as Holy Scripture than any "Bible Believer" of modern times could ever dream of being.
Therefore, this is first. This is far more complete than anything else I could post. This I believe. This I pray. This I am trying to be and my desire is that this I will be in the age to come. Oh God have mercy and save me, wretch that I am.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home