My Photo
Name:
Location: Etna - 41º 26' 31.27" N 122º 54' 07.60" W [My Grid Square is CN81nk] KB7BNW@KF6ZSY Elevation: 3032 feet above sea level,, California, United States

All my life was a preparation to the pinnacle of my being, meeting and knowing Father Seraphim. Everything in my life led to this. Since his death I can find no peace of heart unless everything in my life is in some way an awareness of the reality that I am living the rest of my life the way I am, because I met and knew Father Seraphim.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

24 YEARS AGO TODAY

24 YEARS AGO TODAY GOD MADE
BLESSED FATHER SERAPHIM ROSE
AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE

WE HAD TO LOSE HIM IN ORDER TO KEEP HIM !


Blessed Father Seraphim (Rose) sermonizing before the open Royal Doors
During the evening of Friday July 26/August 8, 7488/1980


TROPARION TONE 4

Being one supremely devoted to the Mother of God/
thou didst take up thine abode on a mountainside near Platina/
and there thou didst crucify thy flesh, with its lusts and passions,/
through ascetic struggle,/
wherefore thou art become the first born American saint,/
an inspiration and guiding star to American Orthodoxy./
Wherefore we cry unto thee,/
save us by thy prayers,/
Oh Seraphim our holy father.

THE BLESSED REPOSE OF OUR HOLY FATHER SERAPHIM +1982
Through his prayers, Oh Lord Jesus Christ Our God, have mercy on us and save us! Amen!


How can I ever recount all you have done for me? Through your life you have shown me all that a Human life could be. You forced yourself and showed me the fruit of ascetic struggle. In all things you were temperate thus teaching me what self control is and wherein is the middle road, The Royal Path. You have shown me that Orthodoxy is not just Doctrine and Dogma, not mere tradition but you have shown me how one learns that "Orthodoxy is a way of Life!" Now that you behold me from the Other World you see my manner of being, yea, within minutes you saw my sinfulness. You left us, your spiritual children, in order to be with us in a fashion that is fuller than anything you could have been to us in this life. I can't help but wonder what you would think of me if you were still in this life. I don't believe they would have left on your mountainside. They would have taken you away - far away - as distance is in this life. No. The Lord Jesus Christ knew how we needed you. But, He also knew how untold multitudes in the future would need you with your Golden Writings, in your spiritual presence, by your prayers for all of them. How would I pray if I had never witnessed you praying? How would I walk among men if I had never seen you walk in the midst of the people of this world?
And soon, surely soon I will follow you for I was your contemporary child in this worldly life.
Oh! May God grant me to be the one who takes out your garbage in the next life. I promised to be God's garbage collector and he led me to you because of this promise. Now may I discharge this responsibility to God by being your trash man in the heavenly realms. Pray for me my Father. I'm just a country boy. But It's true! There are Russians in Platina. I always knew it! My Father.














The Northern Exposure (Above) and the Southern Exposure (Right) of Father Seraphim's Cell.
This Was His Love
This Was His Cabin In The Woods!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home