My Photo
Name:
Location: Etna - 41º 26' 31.27" N 122º 54' 07.60" W [My Grid Square is CN81nk] KB7BNW@KF6ZSY Elevation: 3032 feet above sea level,, California, United States

All my life was a preparation to the pinnacle of my being, meeting and knowing Father Seraphim. Everything in my life led to this. Since his death I can find no peace of heart unless everything in my life is in some way an awareness of the reality that I am living the rest of my life the way I am, because I met and knew Father Seraphim.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

THE SUNDAY OF THE PRODIGAL SON

SAINT LUKE 15

[11] And he said, A certain man had two sons:
[12] And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.
[13] And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.
[14] And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.
[15] And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
[16] And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.
[17] And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
[18] I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
[19] And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
[20] And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
[21] And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
[22] But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
[23] And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
[24] For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

TONE ONE
I was entrusted with a sinless and living land, but I sowed the ground with sin and reaped with the sickle the ears of slothfulness; in thick sheaves I garnered my actions, but winnowed them not on the threshing floor of repentance. But I beg Thee, my God, the pre-eternal husbandman, with the wind of Thy loving-kindness winnow the chaff of my works, and grant to my soul the corn of forgiveness; shut me in Thy heavenly storehouse and save me.

TONE ONE
Brethren, let us learn the meaning of this mystery. For when the Prodigal Son ran back from sin to his Father's house, his loving Father came out to meet him and kissed him. He restored to the Prodigal the tokens of his proper glory, and mystically He made glad on high, sacrificing the fatted calf. Let our lives, then, be worthy of the loving Father who has offered sacrifice, and of the glorious Victim who is the Saviour of our souls.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.

TONE TWO
Of what great blessings in my wretchedness have I deprived myself! From what a kingdom in my misery have I fallen! I have wasted the riches that were given to me, I have transgressed the commandment. Alas, unhappy soul! Thou art henceforth condemned to the eternal fire. Therefore, before the end cry out to Christ our God: Receive me as the Prodigal Son, O God, and have mercy upon me.

Both now and ever, and to the Ages of Ages, Amen.

TONE ONE DOGMATIKON
Let us praise the Virgin Mary, glory of all the world and doorway to heaven, who begotten of man hast borne the Lord: and who, adornment of the faithful, is sung by the angelic hosts. For She hath been shown forth as Heaven and Temple of the Godhead. She it is, who breaketh down the middle wall of enmity, ushered in peace and threw the Kingdom open. Therefore with Her as anchor of our faith, we, in the Lord born of Her, have a Defender. Make bold therefore, ye people of God, make bold, for He, the Almighty, will defeat your enemies.

Glory to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

TONE FOUR
As the prodigal Son I come to Thee, merciful Lord. I have wasted my whole life in a foreign land; I have scattered the wealth which Thou gavest me, O Father. Receive me in repentance, O God, and have mercy upon me.

Both now and ever and to the Ages of Ages. Amen.

Theotokion
The mystery hidden from all ages and unknown to angels, through thee, O Theotokos, is revealed to those on earth: God is made flesh in a union without confusion, and willingly on our behalf accepts the Cross. Through it He raises Adam and saves our souls from death.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home